Huwebes, Agosto 8, 2013

Love Confusion

Does anybody know the real meaning of love? Can even give a definite definition of it? Can you say you know what it is once you've experienced it? I, myself is wondering about these stuff. 

I have read an original composition that made me think of these things. While I was reading the essay, I constantly ask myself if I've already fallen in love in any way. My answer is: I don't know. I've never been in a relationship nor in a confusing commitment. I don't know if I should be thankful or miserable about this.

Yes, I've been infatuated a lot of times and I can easily admit that. I've been infatuated with someone's physical appearance, with someone's humor, with someone's angst and with someone's personality. I even been infatuated with someone's small gesture for me. But I can't directly say that I've fallen in love in one way or another. I've said I'm in love while having crush with someone but can you count it as falling in love? I don't know. I always thought that I only say those things because of the spur of the moment. I've been infatuated to the extent of doing martyr things for a man. I even do a lot of crazy stuff just because I like a guy. But can you say that I've fallen in love? I still don't know. I've been disappointed because of infatuation but I've never experience severe heartache. According to the essay I've read, that's a way to tell if you've been in love. So does that answer my question too?

They say the life expectancy of an average person is 60 years old. That means, I've already lived a third of my life. It also means I've been single for 20 years now. Do I really need to have a relationship to experience love? I don't know. I often say that I love being what I am right now and I'm not disappointed for not having a partner. I don't even pressure myself in having a relationship now but honestly, I want to experience love. I even want to experience heartache. They say that gives you knowledge in living your life, I want that. 

I don't know the point of this post. All I know is that I've been inspired with a statement of a man. It pushed me to give a thought about my life. For that, I thank him. :) TPH

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento